With so many options for weight loss available in the market, it can be extremely challenging to find one that is safe and effective. If you are constantly thinking about weight loss and can’t determine if gastric balloons or stomach balloon weight loss will work for you, we bring you some common pros and cons to help you decide.
Pros of a Stomach Balloon Weight Loss
- It is a simple, non-surgical and fast procedure. It is done under moderate sedation and is completed in just about 20 minutes. It does not leave any scars on your body.
- It is available to many people since the guidelines are not as strict as those for a gastric band surgery, sleeve gastrectomy, or gastric bypass. Plus, the cost for this program is quite affordable.
- The balloon can be left in your stomach for six months, ensuring a good amount of time for you to form the habit of eating smaller portions.
- On average, 3 times as much weight loss is achieved compared to diet and exercise alone.
- As your digestive organs aren’t cut or tampered with, things can be easily reversed just by removing the balloon.
Cons of a Stomach Balloon Weight Loss
- In order to achieve the best results, you must also focus on your diet and exercise.
- It may cause a feeling of nausea and discomfort in certain individuals. Your doctor can provide medications to help relieve these symptoms, and dietary training with the dietician can teach you which foods may be more associated with those symptoms.
- There is a slight possibility of a leak and deflation of the balloon in the stomach.
- This is a temporary procedure that must be followed by sensible eating habits and exercise after the balloon is removed.
Along with the stomach balloon weight-loss procedure, you must also integrate some permanent lifestyle changes in order to enjoy its results for all your life!