Liposuction and Body Contouring at Sage Bariatric Institute
Laser Liposuction is an effective, minimally invasive procedure that uses a laser to liquefy and remove unwanted fat in targeted body zones with simultaneous skin tightening.
- Effective: Laser Liposuction removes fat cells permanently from problem areas and tightens skin at the same time.
- Minimally Invasive: Because the fat is liquified before removal, Laser Liposuction is less traumatic than traditional liposuction.
- Performed in our office procedure room. No hospitalization necessary.
- Quick Recover: Resume normal activities the next day.
How Does It Work?
- Anesthesia is injected into the area with a small needle.
- A small cannula containing a laser fiber (approximately 2 mm in diameter) is inserted into the tissue.
- Using a back and forth motion, the laser’s energy liquefies the fat cells to facilitate their removal.
- A suction cannula is then placed in the tissue to remove the liquefied fat cells.
- The heat produced during the treatment creates skin contraction which helps create a more balanced skin texture.
Schedule an Appointment with
Dr. Allen Alvarez Today!
Which body parts does Laser Liposuction work on?
Laser Liposuction can be used on outer thighs, inner thighs, arms, back, stomach, knees and chin.
When will I see results?
Most people will notice a difference immediately, but there is usually swelling in the area for up to 3 months. Optimal results are between 3-6 months on average.
Are there contraindications to Laser Liposuction treatment?
During your consultation with Dr. Allen Alvarez, you will review your medical conditions and current medications to make sure Laser Liposuction is safe for you.
How long will the results last?
Liposuction permanently removes fat cells from the area. Overconsumption of food will cause other existing fat cells to enlarge, however, so healthful diet and exercise are required to maintain your weight and shape.
How long is the recovery from Laser Liposuction?
Typically you will resume normal activities the next day. It is recommended you wait several days before resuming strenuous activity and exercising.
Will Laser Liposuction remove excess skin?
Laser Liposuction removes fat from underneath the skin. Skin tightening is a benefit of Laser Liposuction but it does not involve removal of any skin. The thermal process causes the skin to contract, resulting in firmer, smoother skin in most patients.
How is Laser Liposuction better than non-surgical treatments like CoolSculpting?
During Laser Liposuction, fat is physically removed from exactly the areas that are treated. The fat cells are permanently removed. Results from non-liposuction treatments are often not as effective and frequently are temporary.
Will Laser Liposuction help me lose weight?
While Laser Lipsuction does remove fat, it is not a weight loss procedure. It is intended for aesthetic sculpting. We have extensive medical and surgical options for obesity management.